What is the DocType Inspector?
To get basic DocType information for a page in Umbraco, you have to click that page, go to the properties tab, and scour around. Sometimes, a developer wants a snapshot of what DocType a page is, what templates it has, and other basic information without clicking everywhere! The DocType Inspector grants that wish by adding context to right-clicking on content nodes at any point in the tree.
- Displays what DocType the page has
- Tells the developer what templates are allowed (great if there are multiple!)
- Is this DocType allowed at the root? It'll show you!
- Displays a big red box for unpublished pages
- Shows when the page was created and when it was last saved
Love this? Give it a tweet!